Take a ferry from Milazzo to Lipari and explore the largest of the Aeolian islands on the north coast of Sicily with plenty of beaches and great natural beauty!
Milazzo is definitely the ideal place to start your tour of the Aeolian Islands! From its cape the view is amazing to the Aeolian Islands and Mount Etna! It has an impressive castle and a beautiful old town while all around the landscape with its many rocky bays is unique! Most travelers discover Milazzo when they are looking for ways to travel to Lipari and the other Aeolian Islands! Lipari is a volcanic island located in the Tyrrhenian Sea, south of Sicily and is the largest of the Aeolian islands! Its historic center is an experience for the traveler as in its narrow streets you will find a plethora of shops with live music and cafes for a granita or a coffee and delicious delicacies! It has many sandy beaches, superb landscapes ideal for beautiful walks, its own coastal vineyard and wide monuments and churches dating many centuries ago and introduces the visitor to its millennial history and culture!
Plan your trip to Lipari and book your ferry tickets in advance and you will have a wonderful experience!
Milazzo to Lipari ferry schedules
From Milazzo to Lipari the ferry schedules are operated all year round on a daily basis by two shipping companies! During the low season there are about 13 daily departures and during the high season from June to September there are up to 20 departures per day!
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season.
Milazzo to Lipari ferry time
From Milazzo to Lipari the ferry time is from 1 to 2 hours depending on the ferry company but primarily on the ferry if it is high speed or conventional.
Type of vessels in Milazzo to Lipari route
The types of vessels on the line from Milazzo to Lipari are both hydrofoils carrying only passengers and conventional vessels carrying vehicles as well. Clearly the duration of the ferry is increased with the conventional ferry sometimes up to 1 hour! The ferries on the line Milazzo Lipari have many services for a comfortable and pleasant journey with bars and comfortable lounges with sea view! Book your tickets in advance through our website in order to find the itineraries that suit you best and buy your ticket at the best price!
Useful tips and information
- We suggest you to be at least 30 minutes before departure if traveling without a vehicle or 90 minutes before departure if you have a car for check in and embarkation procedure
- We suggest booking ferry tickets in advance, as ferries are running on limited capacity especially in high season and weekend
- Visit our pages dedicated to Milazzo and Lipari to learn more about ferry connections and means of transport
- Ferry schedules are subject to changes, so check through our booking engine and find the updated schedules and departure times
- Plan to do island hopping from Milazzo to the rest of the Aeolian islands and to Salina, Vulcan and Stromboli