Organize your holidays by taking the ferry from Patras to Zakynthos (Zante) after getting information about ferries and their schedules and prices!
There are several daily ferries connecting the port of Kyllini with the port of the main city of Zakynthos or, otherwise known as Zante. Patras, which is near Kyllini, can be easily reached from any major city in Greece by public transportation.
The Venetians called Zakynthos Fiore di Levante, the flower of the East, today's visitors to the southernmost island of the Ionian Sea (known as Zakynthos in Greek) would agree, though they come mainly for its iconic beaches - Lagana, Tsilivi, Argassi, Kalamaki, Alykes - where the British, French and Italians know how to have a good time.
You can take the opportunity to swim at the famous Navagio Beach, when you watch the sunset from the cliffs of Keri and Kryoneri, when you listen to the locals singing their serenades and when you watch the endangered sea turtles caretta caretta laying their eggs on the white sand of the island.
Welcome to your holidays in Zakynthos, the Ionian Island that has it all! Book your ferry tickets in advance as this destination is in high demand especially during the summer months!
Ferry distance between Patras to Zakynthos
The ferry distance between Patras and Zakynthos, and more precisely, between the port of Kyllini and the port of Zakynthos in the main town, is about 55 kilometers (30 nautical miles).
Ferry time of the ferry Kyllini to Zakynthos
Since there are no intermediate stops and only one type of ship operates, the ferry time of the ferry ride from Kyllini to Zakynthos is about 1 hour and 15 minutes with a regular ferry.
Ferry types from Kyllini to Zakynthos
There is only one ferry type from Kyllini to Zakynthos.
Those are regular or conventional ferries that offer garages and open decks with snack bars, which makes the crossings much more pleasant and comfortable.
Ferry schedules from Patras to Zante
The ferry crossing from Kyllini in the low season, operates 2 times per day. In summer, the schedule of Kyllini to Zante ferries is more dense, with a minimum of 5 connections per day 7 days in a week.
Useful information from Patras to Zakynthos
- Make sure you arrive at the port at least one hour before your departure for check-in and boarding
- We recommend that you book your ferry tickets in advance, especially if you are carrying your vehicle
- Please see our Zakynthos page for information on transportation options on the island
- Zakynthos is an ideal starting point to explore the 7 Ionian islands as it is the southernmost one to nearby islands, such as Lefkada, Corfu and Paxi
- From the port of Kyllini, you can easily drive or take a bus to Patras or Athens. The trip Kyllini - Patras is about 1 hour and Kyllini - Athens about 3,5 hours