Just a short distance from Piraeus, take a ferry from Athens to Spetses and enjoy your time in the upscale affluent and elegant island of the Saronic Gulf!
The island of Spetses is known for its classic style, its rich history and its long association with the navy and the significant part that the island played in the Greek War of Independence in 1821.
Spetses has always been one of the most cosmopolitan islands in Greece, ideal for every type of traveler including couples, families and friends.
A pine clad small island full of impressive Venetian mansions, art stores, secluded beaches with sparkling clear seas, numerous monuments, museums, historical sights, picturesque landscapes and a range of activities for every taste.
Just a stroll along the old harbor or a horse drawn carriage around the main town will definitely charm you.
Make sure you book your ferry tickets in advance because Spetses is one of the most visited destinations and one of the most beautiful islands in Greece.
Piraeus to Spetses ferry schedule
Due to its proximity to the capital of Greece, Athens, Spetses is a really popular destination even for a day trip or a weekend getaway and there are many departures available all year round. Especially during the summer months, when the demand is even higher there are more than 6 departures available per day, from early morning until late in the night. The ferry to Spetses can be either hydrofoil or catamaran but unfortunately they do not offer a garage as cars are not allowed on the island. Most travelers and locals move around with their bikes.
Piraeus to Spetses ferry time
The duration of the Athens to Spetses ferry depends on the ferry company, the vessel and sometimes the weather conditions. Normally the Athens to Spetses ferry time, starting from the port of Piraeus, is approximately 2 hours and 15 to 30 minutes for the ferry to arrive.
Piraeus to Spetses ferry distance
The distance between the port of Piraeus in Athens and Spetses is approximately 87 kilometers (47 nautical miles).
Helpful information for your ferry trip from Piraeus to Spetses
- The port of Piraeus gets really crowded. We suggest you be at the port at least 1 hour earlier before departure for check-in and embarkation
- Use our online booking system to check the available timetables, compare prices and book the route, vessel and accommodation you prefer
- In our Piraeus page you will be able to find information about public transport and how you can reach the port
- Around the port of Piraeus there are plenty of shops, restaurants, cafes and parking areas
- Spetses is a really popular destination so we suggest you book your ferry tickets in advance