Take the ferry from Aegina to Piraeus and enjoy a pleasant sea trip from the island of the Saronic Gulf to the main port of Greece located close to Athens!
Leaving Aegina by boat you will take with you the best memories of a charming place with a lot of history and natural beauties. Ideal even for weekend trips, Aegina is a perfect all year round destination with picturesque villages, sandy beaches with crystal clear waters and several worth visiting archaeological sites. The Archaeological Museum of Kolona, the Cathedral, the Temple of Aphea Athena and the Saint Nekrarios Monastery are some of the most important attractions of the island.
Upon your arrival at the port of Piraeus you can enjoy a fish meal in one of the traditional taverns of the area. Another option is to take a taxi, if you do not have your own vehicle, and visit Kastella, a picturesque district of the city of Piraeus with many restaurants and bars.
Our website is always updated with the latest schedules and prices of all the shipping companies that connect Aegina to Piraeus ferry port. Do not hesitate to make your booking in advance and choose the time and type of ferry you prefer!
Aegina Piraeus ferry schedule
The ferries from Aegina to Athens depart from 3 ports according to the shipping companies schedules and the type of ship you are traveling. The Aegina to Piraeus ferry schedule includes several daily routes from the following ports :
- The main Aegina ferry port is located close to the town and serves ferry routes to Piraeus, Methana, Agistri, Poros and other Saronic islands
- The Souvala Port, in the northern part of the island, is located 10 km from the main port and connects the boats with the port of Piraeus
- The Agia Marina Port, in the northeastern coast serves the ferry Aegina Piraeus
Aegina to Piraeus ferry time
The journey from Aegina to Piraeus lasts from 40 min to 1h 15m depending on the type of ship and the stops to other close islands. In any case there are routes from the early morning until the evening all year round that increase especially from spring to autumn periods.
The Aegina ferry timetable is announced on our website and with a quick check you can make your reservation in order to find availability of your desired ferry and accommodation type.
Aegina to Piraeus ferry distance
The Aegina to Piraeus ferry distance is estimated to be 15 nautical miles.
Aegina to Piraeus ferry type
Several ferry operators serve the route from Aegina to Piraeus with conventional ships or hydrofoils/flying dolphins and catamarans . You can travel with your vehicle but only on conventional ships as the hydrofoils do not have a garage. Especially during summer, most of the passengers prefer to travel on the outside deck of the ships as they can enjoy the sea and sun of the Saronic Gulf.
Useful tips for your trip from Aegina to Piraeus
- Do not leave the island without trying pistachios which is the famous local product of Aegina
- It is recommended to be at the port 1 hour before departure for check-in and embarkation as the ports are crowded during the high season
- Our page dedicated to Aegina can give you all the information about the means of transport and the best places to visit
- Pets are accepted on the Aegina island ferry under conditions. Check our website for more details