Take the ferry from Barcelona to Ciutadella and visit a gem on the island of Menorca, a city with culture, special atmosphere and rich archeological heritage!
The ferry trip from Barcelona to Ciutadella connects Spain with the Balearic Islands and is a beautiful journey to an interesting town and former capital of the island of Manorca.
Ciutadella is a very attractive town, with a wonderful archeological heritage and a great culture such as the Talaiot, the Navetas and Taulas stone structures known as megalithic structures.
It has a charming harbor, and a historic quarter, Es Born, surrounded by medieval streets full of palaces, churches and forts which is a delight to explore. In addition the visitor will discover excellent Asia Minor coves and beaches, as well as remote fishing villages.
There is a plethora of fantastic seaside restaurants, bars, located on the waterfront where the traveler will taste the delicious traditional Minorca cuisine based on seafood and fish.
Ciutadella is a destination ideal even for a day trip, so book your ferry tickets today and have a great time!
Barcelona to Ciutadella ferry connections
From Barcelona to Ciutadella the ferry connections are currently managed by a ferry company with 10 weekly sailings throughout the year and up to 14 times a week in high season.
Barcelona to Ciutadella ferry distance
From Barcelona to Ciutadella, the ferry distance is 207 km (112 nautical miles).
Barcelona to Ciutadella ferry time
The ferry crossing takes approximately 9 hours and 30 minutes and it is recommended to book a cabin for a more comfortable journey. However, passengers can book reclining seats or just deck passage.
Ferries from Barcelona to Ciutadella
The ferries from Barcelona to Ciudatella are well equipped with many modern facilities and services on board, such as restaurants, cafeterias, game machines and swimming pool.
There are also services for pets which can travel in their own carrier or it is possible to book a small or large cage depending on size.
Useful tips for your journey from Barcelona to Ciutadella
- The port of Barcelona is one of the most bustling in Europe. We recommend that you arrive at the port at least 1.5 hours before departure, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle, for the boarding and check-in procedure
- Ciutadella and the island of Menorca in general, is a popular destination for its beautiful beaches, ideal for families
- Visit our pages dedicated to Barcelona and Ciutadella to find useful information about the cities and ports, as well as transportation services
- We recommend booking a cabin, as the journey takes many hours and your stay on board will be more comfortable
- The journey from Barcelona to Ciutadella is very popular and there is a high demand, so book your tickets well in advance to get the best deal
- Check for updated timetables, prices and offers (if any) by visiting our online booking engine