Passengers traveling by ferry to Dalaman, a seaside resort in Mugla, on the southwestern coast of Turkey, have to reach the port of Fethiye or Marmaris in Turkey!
Along the amazing Turkish coast tourists can enjoy the endless sunshine, the unspoiled beaches and a lot of activities like snorkelling, scuba diving and windsurfing. Dalaman area, in the Mugla province, belongs to a region with many popular destinations except the ports of Fethiye and Marmaris, such as Icmeler, Hisaronu, Calis Beach and Dalyan. A perfect place for family vacations but also for romantic holidays, Dalaman is close to Dalyan, the home of Unesco Heritage Site Kaunos, a place of unique interest and worth visiting. If we compare the city with the other popular Turkish tourist destinations it is not so well known but it is worth visiting if you have time to include it in your plans. Situated between the ocean and the mountains, Dalaman in Turkey, due to its proximity to many interesting sites and resorts, has a large number of visitors during the holiday season.
Dalaman Ferry Connections
For the visitors who have planned their vacation in Dalaman, there is the possibility of booking a ferry from the close ports of Fethiye or Marmaris for an excursion to the stunning Greek Island of Rhodes.
- Ferry from Marmaris to Rhodes with several weekly crossings throughout the year at a ferry time of about 1h
- Ferry from Fethiye to Rhodes with a trip duration of about 2h and 30min
Passengers arriving at Dalaman Mugla Airport, can easily approach Marmaris or Fethiye by bus or by private shuttle bus. For more information about transfers, you can see Transportation in Dalaman.
Things to do in Dalaman
Beaches in Dalaman and Places of Interest
Below you can find the most visited Dalaman Beaches and Places of Interest:
- Oludeniz or the Blue Lagoon Dalaman is a beach resort in the Fethiye district of Mugla, one of the best beaches in Southern Turkey. The shallow and turquoise waters attract every visitor to walk barefoot along the beach or rent a canoe and explore the rocky shores of the lagoon. The Dalaman to Oludeniz distance is about 50 min by car
- Another beach worth visiting is Iztuzu Beach also known as Turtle Beach, home of the endangered Caretta Caretta turtle. Don’t forget to take a mud bath and visit the thermal springs at Dalyan before leaving with a ferry from Dalaman
- Fethiye and Marmaris have a lively nightlife with bars and nightclubs where one can enjoy a drink or cocktail. Restaurants and traditional taverns also offer food for all tastes including traditional Turkish plates such as kebabs and lahmacun
- Calis Beach, one of the most popular tourist area with a 4 km long sandy beach, is situated 45 km from Dalaman airport and 25 km from Oludeniz Beach
- Don’t forget to take a mud bath and visit the thermal springs at Dalyan before leaving with a ferry from Dalaman
Hotels in Dalaman
There is a great choice of Dalaman Hotels and resorts of any kind and budget.
Below you can find a short list of the travelers preferences:
- Dalaman Sarigerme Hilton
- Jiva Beach Resort
- Botanic Gardens
- Kiralik Villa
- Liberty Hotel