Board on the ferry from Rome to Sicily and start your journey from the port of Civitavecchia to reach one of the most beautiful destinations in Italy!
Sicily is the largest island of Italy and the Mediterranean - is a surprising land rich in history and traditions, where arts and cultures are intertwined.
An unforgettable holiday through wine tasting tours, world’s unique artistic masterpieces, three active volcanoes, snow-capped mountains and an amazing sea!
Depart for the beautiful city of Italy and book your tickets in advance as this destination is high in demand, especially during the summer months!
Rome to Sicily ferry distance
The ferry distance from Rome to Sicily and more specifically, from the port of Civitavecchia to the port of Palermo, is around 494 km kilometers which equals to 263 nautical miles.
Ferry duration from Rome to Sicily
The ferry duration from Rome to Sicily begins from Rome's nearby port of Civitavecchia to Palermo and takes around 15 hours and 45 minutes.
Type of the vessels in Rome to Sicily route
The type of vessel which operates in the Rome to Sicily route is the conventional, offering a wide range of facilities with a la carte as well as self-service restaurants, cafeterias, a disco, a wellness center, a gym, a swimming pool, shops, a play area for children and can transport both foot passengers and vehicles. Regular car ferries require more travel time but are definitely the most popular and cheapest ones.
Rome to Sicily ferry frequency
There are 2 ferry routes operating between Rome and Sicily, offering a combined total of 4 sailings per week. There are 2 ferry crossings, one from the port of Civitavecchia to Palermo which runs once per week and the other one from Civitavecchia to Termini Imerese, next to Palermo, about 3 times weekly.
Helpful information for your journey to Sicily
- Check all the discounts provided for an early reservation through our online booking system
- Due to the island's high demand, consider booking your ferry tickets in advance
- For the embarkation, have in mind that you need to be present at the port 1 or 2 hours prior to your departure
- Airport bus connection from the International Airport Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) to the port of Civitavecchia is available. More detailed information can be found in our Civitavecchia page
- Through our online booking system, you get the chance to compare prices and choose which departure suits you best