Get information about traveling by ferry from Sorrento to Amalfi about the ports, schedules and prices and plan a fascinating trip to the stunning Amalfi town!
Travelling by sea from Sorrento to the Amalfi coast, well-known worldwide, is a perfect idea for a visit to one of the most important tourist resorts in Italy. The mild Mediterranean climate and the wonderful coastal scenery make the place attractive to thousands of visitors from all over the world, many of whom belong to the upper class of the rich and famous. Amalfi, which is the main town of the coast, located in the province of Salerno in Campania, is included in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The Cathedral of St. Andrew, the Marina Grande, the Emerald Grotto are some of the worth seeing spots in Amalfi.
Sorrento to Amalfi ferry schedule
The Sorrento to Amalfi ferry schedule may vary depending on seasonality, so check our updated booking engine for detailed information. The route is usually operating up to 10 times per week from May till October but every year the Sorrento to Amalfi ferry timetable is rescheduled by the shipping companies.
Sorrento to Amalfi ferry duration
The Sorrento to Amalfi ferry duration is from 1h to 1h 20min (with a possible stop to Positano), so a day trip is suggested since there is not enough time for an overnight stay.
Hydrofoil from Sorrento to Amalfi
The best way to travel from Sorrento to Amalfi is by booking an hydrofoil which offers a relaxing and enjoyable voyage to your destination. Book in advance your ferry tickets through our booking engine and, with a few easy steps, you will have your booking confirmation in your hands. Cars are not allowed and have in mind that if the ferry has two levels the upper one is open on the top and offers great views of the coastline.
Useful information for your trip
- Visit our relative pages for Sorrento and Amalfi for all the necessary information about sightseeing and transportation options
- In case you carry large luggages on the ferry you may need to pay a small surcharge per bag
- During July and August, the Amalfi Coast becomes very crowded, so it is recommended to book your ferry tickets from Sorrento to Amalfi early
- From Amalfi you can visit Salerno and Positano by booking a quick ferry ride
- We suggest you to be at the port 1 hour before departure for check-in and embarkation, especially during the peak season
- Make a day trip to Maiori, located just 5km from Amalfi, visited by famous actors and film directors like Roberto Rossellini, after the second World War