Ferry from Corsica to Sardinia
Pick your most suitable itinerary and embark on the ferry from Corsica to Sardinia, Italy's second biggest island, worldwide known for its beaches and sites!
There are numerous ferries every year departing from France's largest island, Corsica, towards Italy's Sardinia. The two islands are close to each other and the ferry connections are relatively fast. Corsica owns many ports, similarly to Sardinia and passengers have many options regarding their departure and arrival hubs. Corsica to Sardinia ferries are operating all year long while in summer, they tend to increase due to higher demand.
Book your ferry tickets to Sardinia from Corsica in advance and enjoy your holidays in one of the most popular destinations of Italy!
Distance between Corsica and Sardinia
The shortest ferry distance between Corsica and Sardinia is almost 15km which equals to 8 nautical miles and this is from Bonifacio to Santa Teresa di Gallura, separated by the Strait of Bonifacio. The longest distance, however, is from the port of Porto Vecchio in Corsica's east part, to the port of Porto Torres in Sardinia's north side (around 150km).
Ferry duration from Corsica to Sardinia
The duration of the ferry itinerary from Corsica to Sardinia depends on the ports of departure and arrival, type of ferries, weather conditions and maritime traffic. More specifically, the ferries from:
- Ajaccio to Porto Torres require around 4 hours and operate 2 times per week
- Bonifacio Santa Teresa di Gallura require 50 minutes and run 4 times daily
- Porto Vecchio Golfo Aranci need 3.5 hours and run once a week
- Porto Vecchio Porto Torres need 4.5 hours and operate once a week
Tips for your journey
- No matter which port you choose for your departure, please have in mind that you need to show up at least 1.5 hours earlier for check-in and embarkation
- For those who do not travel with their vehicles, there are public transportation services in the ports of Sardinia which cover all the important areas
- Sardinia is one of the most famous summer destinations globally, so consider booking your ferry tickets in advance
- Through the isFerry booking engine, you can view and compare prices from different ferry routes in order to book the most suitable for you