Take a ferry from France to Sardinia and enjoy a comfortable crossing with a destination to one of the most charming Italian islands on the Mediterranean sea!
Sardinia, also called the pearl of the Mediterranean, is one of the most famous tourist destinations throughout the year. Ideal for holiday during the summer months the island tends to be one of the first vacation preferences. The white beaches with the clear crystal waters, the historical and archeological sites attract thousands of tourists every year who enjoy the sea, the sun, the culture, the local gastronomy and the sports.
Sardinia is easily approached by ferries from several ports of the Tyrrhenian Sea but also from Corsica.The ports of Nice and Toulon are located on the French Riviera on the south coast of France and they are the mainland ports that serve the car and passenger ferries with destination Sardinia. From the past until today both ports are among the busiest ports in France for tourist and commercial purposes.
Book your ferry from France to Sardinia in advance and enjoy your holidays in one of the most popular destinations in Europe!
France to Sardinia ferry routes
The port of Nice is located near the ancient city and it can be reached either by train or car. The port of Toulon is also easily accessible by all means of transport. Upon arrival by train the bus numbers 3 and 23 can transfer you to the ferry terminal of Toulon. Parking spaces are available in both ports.
The France to Sardinia ferry routes can bring you closer to your dream destination. Various on board services such as restaurants and bars are available as well as any accommodation type according to the needs of each passenger. Οur updated booking engine can inform you of all the options you have so that you can plan such a trip easily and economically taking advantage of all the possible offers and discounts applied.
Below there are some of the most popular crossings:
- Ferry from Nice to Sardinia / Porto Torres port is operated usually during the summer season and connects France with the northwestern port of Sardinia, a region with remarkable tradition
- Ferry from Nice to Sardinia/ Golfo Aranci port located in the north east of Sardinia 20 km from Olbia, close to Costa Smeralda. This route is operated occasionally
- Ferry from Toulon to Sardinia / Porto Torres port is active throughout the year and is one of the busiest routes as it is a destination with a 2000 years history and culture
- Ferry from Toulon to Sardinia / Golfo Aranci port is ideal for passengers who want to explore the east coast of Sardinia. The route is not regular
France to Sardinia ferry schedule
The France to Sardinia ferry schedule, in terms of frequency and duration, depends mainly on the ports of departure and arrival, the seasonality and ferry type. Day and night itineraries, lasting from 8 to 13 hours, are available in our booking platform.
Useful tips for your trip
- Nice and Toulon ports used to be very crowded during the high season period. It is recommended to be at the port for check in and embarkation at least 2 hours before departure
- Our pages dedicated to Nice and Toulon can give you more information about the main sights and the means of transport in order to reach the ferry port
- While in Porto Torres, you can make a boat trip to the Gulf of Asinara and explore the coast of the north west Sardinia
- The ferry France Sardinia is very popular during the high season and the trip lasts several hours so it is recommended to book a cabin for a more relaxing journey
- Booking in advance is always more convenient, especially if you are traveling by car. Our booking platform can provide you with all the information needed as well as the seasonal discount and offers