Ferry from Igoumenitsa to Ancona
Take the ferry from Igoumenitsa to Ancona and travel from the second busiest passenger port of northern Greece to Europe's busiest commercial port in Italy!
For many people the port city of Igoumenitsa is the first or the last stop in Greece. Located in the northwest corner of the country almost at the border with Albania, it is an important harbor for trucks transporting goods to and from Europe as well as tourists. There are ferries between Igoumenitsa and the Italian ports as well as to the Greek Islands of Corfu and Paxi. Connected to the rest of Greece by the new system of major highways known as the Egnatia Motorway.
The port of Ancona is located in the center of the Italian Adriatic coast and is the main passenger port in Italy with almost 1.5 million passengers passing through each year. It is the starting point for several shipping companies and especially the route Igoumenitsa-Ancona has become over the years the main route between Central Europe and Greece!
Depart for one of the most busy ports in Greece and book your tickets in advance as this destination's demand get really high, especially during the summer months!
Ferry distance from Igoumenitsa to Ancona
The ferry distance from Igoumenitsa ferry port in Greece to Ancona’s port in Italy is 390 nautical miles (approximately 720 km).
Igoumenitsa to Ancona ferry time
For the route from Igoumenitsa to Ancona the ferry time is between 15 hours and 18 hours depending on the type of vessel and the schedules of each ferry operator.
Types of vessels from Igoumenitsa to Ancona
The type of vessels that make this crossing are large, well-equipped cruise ships that allow transfer of vehicles. Although the journey is long, you will certainly enjoy it thanks to the onboard amenities and services.
Ferry schedules from Igoumenitsa to Ancona
The Igoumenitsa Ancona ferry crossing is covered by the largest and well-known ferry operators all year round with a total number of 13 departures per week in low season, mostly in the afternoon and evening, and up to 16 departures per week in the high season.
Helpful information from Igoumenitsa to Ancona ferry trip
- The Igoumenitsa to Ancona ferry route provides early booking discounts and special offers, so we recommend that you visit our online booking engine to find the best option for your budget
- We suggest you to be at the port at least 2 hours prior to the departure time, especially if you are travelling with a vehicle
- For a relaxed and comfortable overnight journey, we recommend you to book a cabin through our booking system easy and simple
- For more information on how to have access to Ancona or Igoumenitsa ports, please visit their dedicated pages respectively
- By using local ferries from the port of Igoumenitsa, you can cross over to Corfu, Paxi, Kefalonia and to other Ionian islands