Ferry from Mykonos to Santorini
Receive detailed information about the scheduled crossings of the conventional and high-speed ferry from Mykonos to Santorini as well as for your holidays!
The island of Mykonos as well as the island of Santorini belong to the islands of the Cyclades, this ferry route provides a critical link between these two of the most famous and most visited destinations. From the island of Mykonos, known as the party island of the Cyclades to the island of Santorini, mostly preferred by couples and families since it provides a uniquely romantic and relaxing environment that was formed by a volcanic eruption thousands of years ago, and now is one of the most popular islands to visit in the Aegean Sea. In the following paragraphs, you have the opportunity to learn everything about the ferry route from Mykonos to Santorini.
Distance between Mykonos and Santorini
The distance between the harbor of Mykonos and Athinios in Santorini is 64 nautical miles (around 118 km).
Mykonos to Santorini ferry duration
The ferry duration from Mykonos to Santorini ferry is around 1 hour and 45 minutes to 3.5 hours and this variation depends on the type of vessel and its scheduled itinerary. These can include changes to the stops in-between and bad weather conditions which can have a negative effect on the departure and arrival times.
Conventional and high-speed ferries from Mykonos to Santorini
Regular and high-speed ferries depart from Mykonos and arrive in Santorini. The journey time differs according to the type of ferry you choose. Conventional vessels require more time than high-speeds but provide a bigger variation of seating and onboard facilities and amenities.
In which port of Santorini do the ferries drop anchor?
Santorini possesses two ports but only Athinios port is active and accepts tourists. The port in the capital of Santorini, is used for the ships which link Santorini with the volcano.
Useful tips for your journey from Mykonos to Santorini (Thira)
- Make sure you will be present at least 1 hour before your departure since Mykonos is extremely busy in summer months
- Check our Mykonos and Santorini webpages and get all the information needed for an organized holiday
- Consider booking your ferry tickets as early as possible since Santorini is very demanded
- Santorini can be explored to its fullest in 3 or more days
- Compare prices, choose the right vessel and departure date and time through the user-friendly isFerry booking engine
- New Port
- Tourlos, 846 00 Mykonos, Greece
- Tel.: +30 228 902 8933
- GPS: 37.466132, 25.322824