Take a ferry from Savona to Bastia and start your summer holidays from the Italian town of Liguria to the principal port of Corsica at the base of Cap Corse!
Savona is located in the Riviera di Ponente on the Mediterranean Sea. It is a worth visited city with port facilities as it is considered the fourth cruise port by number of passengers in Italy. One of the most beautiful cities of the Italian Riviera, Savona is attractive due to its historic center with the Cathedral, the Cappella Sistina, the Medieval Priamar Fortress and the Art Nouveau Architecture of the houses. If you take a walk through the streets of the city center, or if you have lunch at one of the restaurants of the old dock you will feel the atmosphere of the past. One of the important sights of Savona is the residence of Christopher Columbus located just a few kilometers from the city center.
Βastia, located in the north east of Corsica is the second largest city in the island and one of the busiest ports in France, the second after Calais, with a long and rich history. From a small fishing port until the Genoese domination in 1378, Bastia changed and developed over the years into a lively resort that keeps the authenticity and charmness. Between the Citadel and the Market Square you can find the Old Port, a perfect place for a morning coffee with a view of the moored fishing boats. For a leisurely walk or a relaxed lunch choose the Citadel, a place without cars and then make a visit to the Palace of Governors home to the Bastia Museum or the Baroque style St.Mary's Cathedral. As for shopping addicts, the picturesque Market Square and the pedestrian Napoleon Street are the best places to enjoy strolling and buy traditional and modern souvenirs.
Do not have to think a lot about your summer holidays! Our booking engine can provide you with all the details you need for your trip suchs as schedules, accommodation type and prices.
Savona to Bastia ferry time
The Savona to Bastia ferry time is estimated to be around 6h and 30mins but the sailing time is always determined according to the ferry type.
Savona to Bastia ferry schedule
The Savona to Bastia ferry schedule varies from season to season and depends on the month you are travelling as during July and August the crossings are more frequent. In general the crossing from Savona to Bastia operates mainly in the summer period with 2 or 3 daily crossings.
It is advisable to check our updated reservation system for more information regarding the timetables, discounts and offers available.
Useful information about the Savona Bastia ferry route
- Be at the port at least 2 hours before departure for check-in and embarkation, especially if you are travelling with vehicle
- The tickets for the ferry Savona Bastia sell out quickly during busy periods, so make your reservation early enough in order to find availability for the dates and time you want to travel
- Visit our pages for Savona and Bastia for more information regarding the means of transport to and from the ports.
- Visit the organized large beach of Arinellaat a distance of 6km from the city center of Bastia, or the Marana beach located a little further from the center equipped with all the facilities like bars, restaurants and watersports.
- Do not leave Savona without tasting the famous pastries