Ferry to Agios Konstantinos
Passengers traveling by ferry to Agios Konstantinos arrive in a small port in Phthiotis that connects central Greece with the beautiful islands of Sporades!
The wider area, where Agios Konstantinos is located today, has been inhabited since the time of Ottoman rule. Since then the port was very important and the whole city was walled. In 1832 a Byzantine icon of Saints Constantine and Helen was discovered in Grados and the inhabitants moved the pre-existing settlements there and named the new settlement Agios Konstantinos. In 1832 a large part of the city was destroyed by an earthquake but it was rebuilt and today remains a lovely holiday destination mainly for Greeks but also for those who want to explore the beauties of the mainland and travel to the islands of North Sporades.
One of the most important sights of the area is the church of Agios Konstantinos with the Byzantine mosaics, the old well of the Holy Monastery of the Roman Emperor, Megalos Konstantinos which later became the Parish Church of Agios Konstantinos and Eleni.
Plan your trip, book your tickets in advance through our real-time booking engine and board on an Agios Konstantinos ferry for a trip to Sporades Islands!
Agios Konstantinos Port
Agios Konstantinos port is located opposite the northern part of the second largest island of Greece, Evia and is approached by numerous ferries. Τhe area, with all the facilities needed, is full of taverns, coffee shops, mini markets and apartments for rent with a great sea view and high green mountains in the background. Take a walk along the seaside, drink a coffee at a local bar or taste the traditional sweets.
How to reach Agios Konstantinos Ferry Port
At a distance of 167 km from Athens and 338 km from Thessaloniki, you can reach the port town of Agios Konstantinos, an ideal place where the ferries start so as to dock at the islands of Skiathos, Skopelos and Alonissos.
If you are traveling without a vehicle, there is the alternative to take the bus from Athens to Agios Konstantinos or from Thessaloniki to Lamia and then another bus to the ferry terminal of Agios Konstantinos (Telephone number of BUS KTEL Phthiotis: +30 22350 32223).
Agios Konstantinos Town Center to Port
Agios Konstantinos port is easily accessible on foot, from the town center, but if you are carrying heavy luggage, taxis are available to pick you up. In front of the terminal, there is the taxi stand. Otherwise, you can always book one from Agios Konstantinos Taxis.
Ferry Routes from Agios Konstantinos
Car and passenger ferries depart daily from Agios Konstantinos ferry port, according to seasonality, with different routes and prices.
With a quick search through our online booking platform, you can check for availability and schedules so as to plan your trip.
The sailings from and to Agios Konstantinos are more often from June to September.
The other periods, Sporades Islands have a ferry connection mainly from Volos port.
In the following lines you can find the Agios Konstantinos ferry routes:
Beaches in Agios Konstantinos
- Agios Konstantinos Beach is the main beach next to the port and at a distance of 20 min on foot from the town center. Usually visited by the locals as it is easily accessible especially from those who live along the coastline
- Kamena Vourla is an organized beach with gold and thin sand, close to Agios Konstantinos, visited by many locals and tourists. With a 10 minutes drive you will reach one of the most famous vacation resorts of the area with all the necessary facilities such as shops, restaurants and bars and hotels
- Kalamos Beach is located close to Agios Konstantinos and is a pebbled organized beach with crystal clear waters, sunbeds and umbrellas. Parking spaces are available and beach bars can provide tasty meals and drinks
Excursions from Agios Konstantinos
- A few minutes away from Agios Konstantinos, at a distance of 12 min drive, is the natural hot springs of Koniavitis, used for centuries due to their natural therapeutic properties. Visit the emerald green pools with warm water in a very pleasant environment of pines and minerals.
- Ηiking on Mount Knimis is another adventure for those who like exploring the mountains and the beauties of nature. From Kamena Vourla, you can walk to the Monastery of Sotiros and then take the paths till the top of the mountain 911 meters over the sea level.