Board on the ferry from Corfu to Igoumenitsa and arrive shortly, in one of the busiest ferry ports of the Ionian Sea that also connects Greece with Italy!
Corfu island is part of the Ionian Islands group, located a few nautical miles away from the ports of Igoumenitsa and Patras in the mainland of Greece. Corfu town, the capital of the island, is a labyrinth of medieval cobblestone streets dominated by a 16th century fortress. Igoumenitsa is a beautiful small coastal town with lots of green, fantastic beaches with clear blue waters and green mountains surrounding it. Learn all the details about the ferry route from Corfu to Igoumenitsa in the following lines.
Distance from Corfu to Igoumenitsa
The ferry distance between Corfu and Igoumenitsa is 32 km (17 nautical miles).
Corfu to Igoumenitsa ferry duration
The ferry duration between Corfu to Igoumenitsa is approximately 1h and 25 min. There is also another ferry to Corfu from Igoumenitsa, arriving at the port of Lefkimi, in Southern Corfu, in about 1 hour.
Ferry types from Corfu to Igoumenitsa
The duration of the journey depends mostly on the type of vessel and weather conditions. There are three different kinds of ferry-boats for the particular route:
- The open deck ferry leaves from the port of Corfu only with good weather conditions and takes 1 hour and 45 minutes
- The close deck ferries operate in every weather condition, they’re bigger and need 1 hour and 10 minutes to arrive
- The hydrofoils take 45 minutes to reach Igoumenitsa port
Helpful information for your trip from Corfu to Igoumenitsa
- Take a look in our Corfu page for relative information about the city’s transportation network and more
- Especially in summer months, you need to arrive at the port area 2 hours earlier if you are traveling with your vehicle
- In order to learn how to get around Igoumenitsa after the ship drops you off, please visit its dedicated webpage
- The ferry operators who serve the route own vessels suitable for vehicle transportation, so you can reach your destination with your car, motor or camper
- Book your ferry tickets from Corfu to Igoumenitsa in advance since availability runs out fast