Traveling by ferry from Corsica to Italy, you leave one of Europe's most stunning coastlines to reach the ports of the fifth most visited country in the world!
Corsica's privileged location in the heart of the Mediterranean, is an ideal departure point to popular destinations such as Italy and in particular to important Italian ports such as Genoa, Livorno, Piombino and Savona.
Italy is the fifth most visited country in the world because of its important history, having more World Heritage Sites than any other country, unique cities and coastal resorts of outstanding beauty, with some four thousand miles of coastline, countless bays and magnificent sandy beaches, making it a tremendously popular destination.
The ports of Genoa, in Liguria, Livorno on the west coast of Tuscany, Savona and Piombino, on the border between Liguria and the Tyrrhenian Sea, are the Italian ports that the traveler can reach coming from the ports of Bastia or Ile Rousse in the unique Corsica.
Visit our online booking system to find out in detail about all the options you have for a travel experience according to your personal preferences.
Corsica to Italy ferry time
From Corsica to Italy the ferry time depends on the ports of departure and arrival, the shipping company, the type of vessel and the route. Indicatively the fastest crossing is 2.5 hours and the longest is about 10 hours.
You can visit our booking platform and get updated itineraries, as well as possible discounts and seasonal offers. Make your booking in advance and choose the best package that suits your needs.
Corsica to Italy ferry schedules
There are several ferry schedules from Corsica to Italy and the connection is so far made between 2 ports in Corsica and 4 ports in Italy, by two major ferry companies. There are many crossings and combinations of itineraries per week which increase during the summer season. Some routes are seasonal and run from April to October (from Bastia to Genoa or Piombino) while others run all year round (from Bastia to Livorno or Savona).
Apart from the Port of Bastia, which has the most connections, there are also ferries from Il Rousse in Corsica to Savona, only in the summer months, while to Livorno departures are all year round.
As there are several combinations of routes on the Corsica - Italy route, have a look at our booking engine to get the right information with updated information on departure times.
Ferry connections from Corsica to Italy
The ferry connections from Corsica to Italy are:
- Bastia to Genoa, ferry distance is about 110 nautical miles and the trip lasts approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes
- Bastia to Livorno, ferry distance is 66 nautical miles with a ferry duration of about 4 hours and 30 minutes
- Ile Rousse to Livorno, ferry trip lasts about 8 hours with a distance of 82 nautical miles
- Bastia to Piombino, is the shortest crossing as the trip can last from 2 hours and 30 minutes to 7 hours and 30 minutes with a distance of 49 nautical miles
- Bastia to Savona, ferry duration is approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes at a distance of 105 nautical miles
- Ile Rousse to Savona with usually with 1 crossing per week and a travel time of about 11 hours at a distance of 102 nautical miles
Useful tips for your journey from Corsica to Italy
- Book as early as possible to take advantage of the cheapest ferry prices and accommodation selection. Reductions on some crossings (weekdays)
- The Corsican ports are usually crowded during summer period so be at the port at least 2 hours prior to your departure for check in and embarkation procedure
- Our dedicated pages for Corsica and Italy can give you some tips for the means of transport to and around the port
- It is recommended to book a cabin for an evening crossing for a more comfortable trip