Embark on either a conventional or a high-speed ferry from Kos to Kalymnos and enjoy a short cruise between two of the most popular Dodecanese Islands!
Kos, one of the largest islands belonging to the Dodecanese, is a very popular choice among tourists who visit Greece in summer. It is well-connected by frequent routes with its sister Kalymnos, just a few kilometers north. There are many options regarding the ferry types which operate the specific connection, from car-passenger to high-speeds to flying dolphins. Sailings take place frequently, especially in high season months (May till September) where traffic gets way higher.
Book your ferry tickets from Kos to Kalymnos in advance and have a delightful holiday time in the splendid Greek islands!
Kos to Kalymnos distance
The distance from Kos to Kalymnos and more specifically, from Kos main port on the island's eastern side to Kalymnos port in the south, is around 30km (16 nautical miles). Kos owns a second port as well, situated in the north side and named Mastichari, which is way closer to the port of Kalymnos, abstaining only 13km (7 nautical miles).
Ferry duration from Kos to Kalymnos
The ferry duration from Kos to Kalymnos depends heavily on what type of vessel will be responsible for your transportation and secondly on port of departure, weather conditions and maritime traffic. More analytically:
- Kos (main port) - Kalymnos: occurs at least twice daily and requires almost 1h to arrive with a conventional ferry, while with high-speed/flying dolphin, the journey duration gets reduced to half an hour.
- Kos (Mastichari) - Kalymnos: usually takes place 4 times per week with a high-speed and a duration of around half an hour.
Tips for your journey
- Both ports of Kos can get crowded due to the island's high demand, so have in mind that you need to show up at least 1 hour earlier from your departure for check-in and embarkation
- There are public transportation services in Kos and Kalymnos which can transfer you to/from the ports. More information can be found in our Kos and Kalymnos pages
- Check our online booking engine in order to compare ferry prices and book the most suitable itinerary for your occasion