Receive detailed information about the scheduled crossings of the conventional and high-speed ferry from Naxos to Santorini as well as tips for your trip!
Naxos is the largest island of the Cyclades and is located in the middle of the Aegean sea. Therefore, the port of Naxos is a meeting point and connected with many islands of the Cyclades. The island of Santorini, mostly preferred by couples and families since it provides a uniquely romantic and relaxing environment, is one of the most popular islands to visit in the Aegean Sea. In the following paragraphs you will be able to learn everything you would like to know about the ferry route from Naxos to Santorini.
Naxos to Santorini ferry distance
The ferry distance between Athinios port in Santorini and the port of Naxos is 42.5 nautical miles (around 79km).
Ferry time from Naxos to Santorini
The ferry time from Naxos to Santorini is approximately 1 to 3.5 hours, mostly according to the type of ferry and the weather conditions.
Conventional and high-speed ferries from Naxos to Santorini
As referred above, both conventional and high-speed ferries depart from Naxos to Santorini . Depending on the itinerary, there might be intermediate stopovers to the rest of the Cyclades.
Naxos - Santorini ferry schedule
There are regular itineraries in the Santorini-Naxos ferry route all-year-round, with 4 or 5 daily ferry crossings in the summer and 7 weekly sailings in the winter. The earliest ferry departs from Santorini around 07.00 and the latest early in the afternoon.
In which port of Santorini do the ferries arrive?
Santorini owns two ferry ports, however, only one is active and receives tourists and this is the port Athinios in the southwest side of the island. In the port of Fira, there are fishing boats and the ships that make the crossings to the caldera.
Helpful tips for your journey from Naxos to Santorini
- Take a look in our Naxos and Santorini pages and check all available transportation services
- We recommend that you book your ferry tickets from Naxos to Santorini in advance since Athinios port gets busy in summer
- Have in mind that you need to be at the port 1-2 hours earlier from your departure
- Plan at least a 3 day stay in Santorini in order to explore it fully
- Naxos is perfect for island-hopping to the other Cyclades Islands
- Use the isFerry booking engine, compare prices and decide which departure suits you best