Take the ferry from Athens to Amorgos and spend a wonderful sailing time from the port of Piraeus to one of the most impressive Cycladic Islands of the Aegean!
Your journey will start from Athens, the capital of Greece which will impress you if you tour the city center and the picturesque streets in the heart of the city which today are a point of attraction for visitors from all over the world. A visit to the Acropolis and the Museum will let you know a large part of the city's history and ancient culture. Plaka, Monastiraki, Anafiotika, Thisio, all hide a history and a magic that you will only feel if you walk in these picturesque districts, taste the local delicacies, listen to Greek music and why not dance the Greek dances in one of the restaurants with live music.
The ferries depart from Piraeus port situated at a distance of 10km from Athens center and it can be reached easily by metro, bus or taxi. It is a busy area with many ferry terminals depending on your destination. Once you have completed your online booking through our website you will receive the booking confirmation with all the details regarding the approach to the appropriate boarding point at the port of Piraeus.
Amorgos is a special island on the south eastern edge of the Cyclades with a picturesque town or Chora as it is called, famous for its hiking paths, the untouched nature and the villages. With two natural harbors, Katapola and Aegiali, Amorgos attracts hundreds of tourists every year because it maintains the authenticity of the past although in recent years it has also developed alternative tourism due to the many hiking routes organized by the tourist offices of the area. Undoubtedly you will enjoy the beautiful beaches, the sun and the diving into the deep blue and you will discover the local life, the traditions, the religious and historical monuments. Walk through the beautiful alleys, relax on the sandy beaches, dive in the amazing seas of the island and visit one of the most impressive monasteries built in 1017 on a rock, 300 meters from the sea.
Athens to Amorgos ferry schedule
The Athens to Amorgos ferry schedule changes according to seasonality. During the high season from June to September there are at least 1 ferry crossing per day with both conventional and fast boats while in winter the sailings are fewer.
Amorgos has 2 ports Katapola and Aegiali that serve the ferries departing from the port of Athens, Piraeus and from other Cyclades islands.
- Piraeus/Athens to Katapola with direct journeys
- Piraeus/Athens to Aegiali ferry with stopovers to other islands
Before your trip, you can check the schedules and prices through our website and book the tickets that match your plans.
Athens to Amorgos ferry time
Athens to Amorgos ferry time depends on the port of arrival in Amorgos, the shipping company’s schedule, the type of ship, the intermediate stops to other islands and the weather conditions. The journey time is approximately 8 hours with a conventional ferry and 6 hours if you choose to travel with a high speed vessel.
Athens to Amorgos ferry distance
The Athens to Amorgos ferry distance is 136 nautical miles or 251 km.
Athens to Amorgos ferry type
Regular and high speed ferries operate the journey from Athens/Piraeus port to Amorgos. Conventional ferries have a garage for your car, motorcycle, camper or caravan while speedboats only carry passengers. Bars and restaurants are available and any type of accommodation can be reserved. For the faster vessels, numbered economy or business seats are available while the regular ships have inside and outside cabins for a more comfortable journey.
Useful tips for your journey
- The port of Piraeus is usually crowded during the summer season, so have in mind to be at the ferry terminal 1 hour before departure for check-in and embarkation
- From Amorgos you can arrange a trip by ferry to other Cyclades islands. Santorini with a trip duration of 1h 15m by high speed ferry, or Paros with a travel time of 2h 20m with a conventional ferry or Naxos with a duration of 1h 25m either with a high speed or a conventional ferry. You have a lot of choices of island hopping and you can discover all of them through our website with a quick search
- The ferry Athens - Amorgos could be fully booked during high season, so plan your trip and book your tickets in advance if you want to find availability for your preferred accommodation type
- Our pages referring to Athens, Piraeus and Amorgos can give you more information about the ways you can approach the ferry terminal, and the places of interest
- Your pets can travel with you either in a pet cabin (if available) or in a kennel in a designated area on board or outside on the ship’s deck