Ferry from Athens to Milos
Detailed information provided below about the departure points and scheduled itineraries of the conventional and high-speed ferry from Athens to Milos!
A beloved ferry route, especially from Piraeus port. Hundreds of visitors from all around the globe, visit the extraordinary Milos starting from the capital of Greece, Athens. Most itineraries begin from Piraeus and fewer happen from the ports of Lavrio and Rafina.
Athens to Milos ferry time
The ferry time from Athens to Milos relies upon the type of vessel, starting point and how many stopovers the ship will make. Generally, ferries require a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 15 hours to arrive. The distance from Piraeus port to Milos port in Adamas is around 160 km (86 nautical miles) while from Lavrio and Rafina is 115 km (62 nm) and 150 km (80 nm) respectively.
Starting point Piraeus, Lavrio or Rafina?
Starting from Piraeus port towards Milos is the most popular choice and the one with the most frequent crossings, happening all year round by both conventional and high-speed ferries. From Lavrio port, there is only 1 weekly sailing with a regular ferry. Lastly, from Rafina port there are only indirect routes to Milos, fact which changes depending on seasonality.
High speed or conventional ferry boat from Athens to Milos?
From Piraeus: Conventional and high speeds depart from Piraeus, the biggest port in Greece and arrive in Adamas port in Milos every day. The shortest duration can be 3 hours with a high speed ferry while with a regular ferry, it can last up to 7 hours.
From Lavrio: With much fewer routes, Lavrio port is another alternative for your journey to Milos. Currently, there are only conventional ferries operating that need almost 15 hours to drop their anchors in Adamas port.
From Rafina: Every year, it is announced by the ferry companies if there will be any crossings to Milos. We recommend that you use our online booking engine for the most up-to-date results in order to organize your trip to Milos.
Tips for your journey
- If Piraeus is your departure point, make sure you arrive 2 hours earlier with your vehicle since it can get really crowded
- In Adamas port, you can find transportation services to your accommodation and to all points of interest in Milos
- Please check our Piraeus, Rafina and Lavrio pages for information about public transportation services
- Feel the Greek island-hopping experience by visiting the nearby islands Kimolos, Sifnos and Serifos
- Secure your holidays in Milos by booking your ferry tickets in advance