Forthcoming detailed information about the all-year-round conventional ferry from Athens to Rhodes, the easternmost and largest island of the Dodecanese!
There are regular ferries throughout the year that offer connections to the magnificent island of Rhodes, starting from Piraeus port in Athens. The journeys are long but the particular vessels are offering spacious facilities on board. Furthermore, you get the opportunity to admire the view from the open deck while passing by numerous Aegean Islands before the final destination.
Athens to Rhodes ferry time
The Athens to Rhodes ferry time counts on the vessel type and the total stopovers it will make before it reaches its destination. Normally, the required time can be 12 to 17 hours, starting from the port of Piraeus.
Distance between Athens and Rhodes
The overall distance between Athens and Rhodes in a line, is around 435 kilometers. From Piraeus port, which is next to Athens city center, the distance equals to 439 km (237 nautical miles).
Regular ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Rhodes
Currently, there are only regular (conventional) ferries operating the route from Piraeus to Rhodes. The journey with this type of ferries is very pleasant, despite the fact that they are kind of slow. Their advantages are that they provide numerous facilities such as garages for vehicles, spacious areas and you can also enjoy the trip from the open deck, an enchanting point of view.
Ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Rhodes
The ferry schedule from Athens’ Piraeus to Rhodes port includes all year-round ferries that operate at least once a day. The crossings begin late in the morning and late in the evening as well.
Helpful tips for your crossing
- Since Piraeus is a busy port, please make sure that you show up 1-2 hours earlier from your passage for check-in and embarkation
- Examine the probability of booking your ferry tickets in advance, especially if you are planning on staying in a bed-cabin
- The port of Rhodes is situated in Rhodes’ most busy town
- For a Rhodes guide, please take a look in our dedicated Rhodes page
- The island of Rhodes is offering frequent ferry connections to the rest of the Dodecanese Islands