Traveling by ferry from Santorini to Rhodes is the most enjoyable and comfortable way to visit the charming island of the Dodecanese in the Aegean Sea!
The “Island of the Knights”, as it is widely known, is a popular holiday destination for the mild Mediterranean climate, the beautiful coastline and beaches as well as the Medieval town of Rhodes which has been recognized since 1988 as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tourists who leave the cosmopolitan island of Santorini to visit Rhodes by ferry can enjoy a very pleasant on board experience and enjoy all the amenities offered on the ships that connect the two attractive but so different Greek islands. Beautiful towns with neoclassical buildings and castles, traditional villages with monasteries and churches, tourist resorts and sandy golden beaches have made Rhodes, the capital of Dodeanese, the perfect destination for vacation, relaxation and culture.
Our online booking engine can provide you all the information needed regarding your booking. Click here and make your booking in advance in order to secure it!
Conventional ferry from Santorini to Rhodes
By booking your tickets with the conventional ferry from Santorini to Rhodes you have secured a comfortable journey either in seats in the ship's lounge or in a bed cabin, for a more comfortable stay or on the outside deck for more fun and adventure, suitable for younger passengers.
Booking in advance is recommended as both islands are very famous during high season and tickets for car and passenger ferries are usually sold out quickly.
Santorini to Rhodes ferry time
Santorini to Rhodes ferry time can be between 10 and 22 hours depending on the period, the intermediary stops and the shipping company. During high season the routes are more often, usually 2 or 3 times per week while in winter the ships operate occasionally.
What’s the distance between Santorini and Rhodes?
The distance between Santorini in the Cyclades islands and Rhodes in the Dodecanese islands is approximately 154 miles (247km).
Where is the ferry terminal in Rhodes?
Ferries arriving at the port of Rhodes from Santorini approach the ferry terminal of the Old Town, known as Tourist Port which serves mainly all the car and passenger ferries. Upon arrival you can find all the necessary amenities like coffee shops and restaurants, tourist information offices, hotels and parking facilities.
Useful information for your journey from Santorini to Rhodes
- Make sure to be at the main port of Santorini (Athinios) at least one hour before departure, especially if you have a vehicle
- In our pages dedicated to Rhodes and Santorini you can find information about transportation facilities
- While in Rhodes you can visit the island of Kastelorizo, the tiny Dodecanese island
- Try the local delicacies made by the traditional taverns and bakeries
- If you have the chance to be in Rhodes during summer months try to check out the sailings to the island of Chalki. The seasonal ships leave from the small port of Kamiros Skala. Check our booking system for ferry routes as the departures are not standard