Plan your trip by ferry from Skiathos to Skopelos with all the information you need about schedules, ferry connections and helpful tips for your holidays!
The connection between these two beautiful green islands is daily and frequent, as they are only a few nautical miles apart. It is a very common and easy for island-hopping and an incredible opportunity for the visitor to get to know the beauty of these islands even in one day. The vessels that serve the line are conventional, high-speed and flying dolphins, that do differ in trip duration and onboard facilities.
Skiathos to Skopelos ferry duration
The Skiathos to Skopelos ferry duration lasts from 30 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes depending on the type of vessel and the itinerary. Skopelos has two commercial ports, the port of Glossa, in the northeast coast of the island and the port of Skopelos (in town) in the southeast side. The first port that is accessed by ferries is that of Glossa and for this reason the ferry duration is shorter compared to that towards Skopelos port.
What is the distance between Skiathos and Skopelos ports?
The distance between Skiathos port and Glossa harbor in Skopelos is only 12 nautical miles (i.e. 22 km) and 17 nautical miles to Skopelos main town port (i.e. 27 km). A lovely, short trip to the islands of the northern Aegean!
Types of Ferries from Skiathos to Skopelos
The types of ferries from Skiathos to Skopelos are both conventional and high-speed ferries. However, at times and only in the peak period, the shipping companies operate flying dolphins on the route that reduce the journey time to 15 minutes, but this is decided by the respective shipping company for the specific tourist period. Usually the number and type of ships is determined by mid-May.
Ferry transfer and frequency from Skiathos to Skopelos
The ferry transfer from Skiathos to Skopelos, either to the port of Glossa or to the port of Skopelos, in the low season period has one crossing per day while in high season the routes are increased to at least 3 connections per day. Of course, schedules are subject to change depending on the season and weather. For updated information on schedules and ferry connections, please check our user-friendly online booking engine!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Skiathos to Skopelos
- Make sure you will choose the right port of arrival in Skopelos, based on your needs
- It is advisable to arrive in the port of Skiathos at least 45 minutes before the departure of the ferry, especially if you are traveling with your own vehicle. For detailed information please check our dedicated web page to Skiathos
- The Skiathos - Skopelos route is great for a day trip
- You can visit also the island of Alonissos which is very close to Skopelos, ideal for a day trip
- For information and tips what to do and see in Skopelos you can consult our page dedicated to Skopelos
- If you don't have your own vehicle, we advise you to rent a car for a full tour around the island
- Book your ferry tickets from Skiathos to Skopelos in advance and have a great holiday in the Sporades!