Organize your trip to the Sporades by ferry from Volos to Skiathos and find all the necessary information on schedules, frequency and accommodation options!
Every summer a large number of tourists choose to take the ferry to Skiathos and visit one of the most cosmopolitan islands of the Northern Sporades, a true paradise on earth, with lush pine forests and crystal blue waters. The Greek city and port of Volos is located in Thessaly in mainland Greece and is about 325 km north of Athens and 215 km south of Thessaloniki. Except for tourists from abroad, this destination is also popular for domestic tourism and particularly from people living in northern Greece. With ships being full especially during the high season, we recommend that you make your reservation in advance to find availability for both passengers and cars.
Volos to Skiathos ferry time
The Volos to Skiathos ferry time depends on the type of the vessel and the duration can be from 2.30 to 3 hours and 45 minutes. The distance between the port of Volos and Skiathos is 27 nautical miles (about 50 km). The port of Skiathos is the first call of the Sporades Islands that the ship reaches when departing from Volos.
Types of vessels from Volos to Skiathos
The types of vessels that travel to Skiathos are high-speed and conventional ones with journey duration:
High-Speed ferry: journey duration from 2 hours and 30 minutes
Conventional ferry: journey duration 3 hours and 45 minutes.
Each vessel offers different facilities and accommodation options and most importantly different garage capacity which plays an important role for passengers choosing this route for their vacations.
Ferry schedule from Volos to Skiathos
Throughout the year there is a connection from the mainland port of Volos with one morning departure during the day where in peak season the number can increase to 2 or even 3 connections during the day. For updated information on ferry schedules, ferry time and frequency please refer to our simple and easy online booking engine, in order to avoid any inconvenience.
Useful tips for your trip from Volos to Skiathos
- The distance between Athens and Volos is 325 km and the journey takes about 3.5 hours by car. Be sure to arrive early at the port and avoid problems due to traffic jams especially in the peak months
- Because this line is in high demand during the summer months, availability in the garage sells out quickly. We recommend you avoid having your reservation at the last minute upon arriving at the port
- As your departure point is from the mainland port of Volos, we suggest combining your trip to Skiathos with a road tour in mainland Greece such as Pelion, Meteora, and Thessaloniki
- There are frequent ferry connections from Skiathos to Alonissos, Skopelos and to the other islands of the Sporades complex during the peak season
- Book your ferry tickets from Volos to Skiathos in advance and have a great time in the Sporades Islands!