Travel by ferry from ports near Athens to Skopelos and explore a lush green island of Sporades with beautiful beaches and ideal for spending relaxing holidays!
Access to Skopelos is not possible from any port of Athens but from the ports of Agios Konstantinos and Volos with a distance of 2.5 hours (165 km) and 3.5 hours (327 km) respectively.
Skopelos is a jewel of the Sporades complex with impressive landscapes, beautiful routes, picturesque villages and crystal blue beaches as well as countless opportunities for nature activities such as hiking and diving.This picturesque island has become known worldwide in recent years from the Hollywood musical Mamma Mia!
However, apart from the natural beauty of the island, the visitor will also discover several options to enjoy a drink in the many bars in the alleys of the town of Skopelos and the local taverns to taste the excellent Skopelos cuisine with many traditional flavors and local products.
Don't waste time and book in advance because Skopelos has a lot of visitors especially in July and August and tickets sell out quickly!
Ferry schedules from the port of Agios Konstantinos & Volos to Skopelos ports
The island of Skopelos has 3 ports: the port of Skopelos in Chora in the east, the port of Glossa in the northwest part and the port of Agnontas at a distance of 8 km from Skopelos town.
- Volos to Skopelos: The most frequent connections are from the port of Volos to the ports of Skopelos (country) and Glossa and less frequently to the port of Agnontas on a daily basis throughout the year. The duration of the trip varies from 2 to 4 hours, depending on the ship, the ferry operator and the port of arrival.
- Agios Konstantinos - Skopelos: this connection is seasonal, mainly in high season, on a daily basis to the port of Glossa and takes around 4 hours and 45 minutes.
An alternative for those who do not want to drive to Volos and Agios Konstantinos is to take the ferry from Mantoudi (in Evia) to Skopelos. The ferry connection from Mantoudi to Skopelos is operated about 4 times a week and the trip takes between 1.5 and 3 hours.
There is also a connection from Thessaloniki to Skopelos but it operates only according to demand and when it does, it is seasonal. The routes from Thessaloniki to Skopelos are operated by fast ferries and the duration of the trip is a little over 2 hours.
Types of ferries from Agios Konstantinos and Volos port to Skopelos ports
The types of ferries that travel from Agios Konstantino and Volos to Skopelos are high speed vessels / catamarans, flying dolphins and conventional ones.
Useful tips for your journey from Agios Konstantinos & Volos port to Skopelos ports
- The port of Volos and Agios Konstantinos can be quite busy in the summer, so we recommend that you arrive at the port at least 1 hour before departure, especially if you are traveling with your car
- The island of Skopelos is a very popular destination for summer holidays, so book your tickets in advance through our website
- You can discover island-hopping options from Skopelos to nearby islands, such as Skiathos and Alonissos
- Make sure you choose the right port of arrival, according to your needs, since there are 3 ports in Skopelos
- Check out the dedicated page for Skopelos and Volos for general and useful information