Organize your trip by ferry from Piraeus to Heraklion and enjoy a comfortable journey from the main port of Athens to Crete, one of the most visited islands!
Piraeus port is the biggest and busiest in Greece that serves many destinations throughout the year. It is easily approached by car, metro and public bus from the center of Αthens or the airport. If you have a spare day in Athens, before boarding on a ferry to Heraklion, you can visit the Pasalimani area with a lot of taverns and coffee shops along the shore. Moreover, the Kastella hill with the spectacular view of the sea and the several night clubs and restaurants is a good choice.
After a pleasant journey, the Athens to Heraklion ferry arrives at a very busy port with a strategic location close to the highway which connects the cities of Kissamos, Chania, Rethymnon, Heraklion, Agios Nikolaos and Sitia. Whether you decide to stay in Heraklion and visit the nearby beaches and villages or plan to go to one of the nearby holiday resorts, the island promises you an unforgettable holiday full of sun, sea, archaeological sites, delicious food and wine.
Piraeus to Heraklion ferry schedules
The Piraeus to Heraklion car and passenger ferries operate daily all year round. With 2 direct overnight sailings during low season and up to 4 during the summer months, including a morning one, the island of Crete is connected with the capital of Greece on a regular basis. To see in detail the departure and arrival times of the ships, you can visit our website and book your tickets according to your preferences.
Piraeus to Heraklion ferry time
Piraeus to Heraklion ferry time is approximately 10 hours depending on the shipping company and the type of ship.
Piraeus to Heraklion ferry distance
The Piraeus to Heraklion ferry distance is 173 nautical miles (320km)
Piraeus to Heraklion ferry types
Conventional, fully equipped ferries transfer thousands of passengers every year from Piraeus to Heraklion. Shops, bars, and restaurants are available on board. Most of the vessels provide all types of accommodation like lounges, numbered economy and business seats, bed cabins of all categories and outside deck places for those who prefer to stay on the outside space of the ship.
Useful information for your journey
- The port of Piraeus is the central port of Athens, so it is usually crowded especially during the high season. Keep in mind to be at the port at least 1 hour before departure for check-in and embarkation
- It is recommended to book a cabin for a more comfortable trip as usually the crossings by ferry Piraeus-Heraklion are overnight
- Check the Piraeus - Heraklion ferry prices and make your booking in advance in order to find availability with discounts and offers(if any). Our website is automatically updated with the valid special rates and prices
- Your pet is welcome on board under conditions defined by the shipping companies
- Our page dedicated to Heraklion can give you more information about the sites and means of transport