Ferry from Piraeus to Naxos
Plan your trip by ferry from Piraeus to Naxos and enjoy a pleasant experience on board until your arrival to one of the most visited islands of the Aegean Sea!
Piraeus is the main port of Athens, at a distance of a few km from the center of the city. If you are travelling without a vehicle there are several means of transport that reach the passenger terminals of the port. Naxos, located in the heart of the Aegean, is an island of the Cyclades complex with remarkable archaeological sites and monuments, monasteries and churches, museums and castles that attract the interest of thousands of visitors every year. Besides the long history, Naxos is famous for the sandy beaches with clear waters like Plaka, Agios Prokopios and Agia Anna, considered some of the most beautiful in the Aegean Sea. As far as nightlife is concerned, Naxos has nothing to envy from the other Greek islands as it has amazing restaurants with local delicacies, bars and nightclubs for every taste and budget.
If you are looking for a ferry to Naxos, do not hesitate to search through our real-time booking engine and book your tickets in advance for a better planning of your trip.
Piraeus to Naxos ferry distance
The Piraeus to Naxos ferry distance is estimated to be about 103 nautical miles (180km)
Ferry time to Naxos from Piraeus
The ferry time from Naxos to Piraeus ranges between 3h to 6.5h depending on the ferry type, the stopovers and the weather conditions which sometimes may change the schedule.
Conventional or high speed ferry from Piraeus / Athens to Naxos?
Passengers who like the sea travel prefer a slower boat in order to enjoy the sun and the sea views from the outside deck of the ferry. Those who like a shorter trip book a fast vessel which is slightly more expensive than the regular one.
Our reservation system can provide you with all types of accommodation either for regular or for high - speed ferries.
Ferry schedule from Piraeus to Naxos
The ferry schedule from Piraeus to Naxos changes according to seasonality. Car and passenger ferries during the period of summer vacation are operating more often, usually 3 times daily, but during the off-season period may be reduced to 2.
Tips for your trip to Naxos
- It is recommended to be at the port at least 1 hour before departure for check-in and embarkation as Piraeus is a big port with several departure gates
- Check our pages about Naxos for useful information about the means of transport in the island and the places of interest
- The port of Piraeus' distance from Athens International Airport is 45 km and you can be transferred by metro and bus
- If you are traveling with your vehicle it is advisable to book your tickets in advance, in order to find availability in the garage
- While in Naxos you can take the ferry to Koufonisia a sailing of 2.5h
- Do not forget also Paros and Santorini islands that can be combined with your Naxos holidays