Find all the necessary information about schedules, ships and learn useful tips for the ferry from Mykonos to Naxos, the biggest island of the Cyclades!
Book a high speed or conventional ferry and depart from Mykonos, Greece’s most famous cosmopolitan island and arrive in Naxos, one of the most beautiful Greek islands with the fantastic beaches, the stunning seascapes, the high mountains and the traditional villages. Naxos is a unique blend of ancient ruins, venetian and Cycladic architecture. Naxos is one of the most interesting destinations in the Cyclades in terms of history and culture, while it is also a good starting point for island-hopping to the islands nearby.
Distance between Mykonos and Naxos
Mykonos to Naxos ferry duration
Depending on the ferry type, the number of stopovers and the external factor of weather conditions, the duration of the trip varies from 40 to 70 minutes.
What kind of ferry should I book?
There are two kinds of ferries operating the specific route, conventional and high-speeds. A high speed ferry is usually smaller than the conventional ferry, which is the reason that they are faster but a little more expensive. Conventional ferries, on the other hand, are the cheapest option, which is why they are mostly preferred by passengers, plus, they offer more facilities on board.
Ferry schedule to Naxos from Mykonos
The ferry schedule to Naxos from Mykonos at least 3-4 ferry routes per day all year round, but during summer one might find more than 5 routes available per day.
From which port of Mykonos does my ferry depart?
Although there are 2 ports in Mykonos, the port of Tourlos is the only operating port and this is from where your ferry will depart. The port of Tourlos is located in the village Tourlos in about 2km from Mykonos Chora and around 5 km from Mykonos International Airport.
Naxos has only one port, in Chora, whose distance to Naxos National Airport is about 4km.
Helpful tips for your trip to Naxos
- Remember to arrive in the port at least 1-2 hours before your departure time
- Please, take a look in our Mykonos and Naxos pages for transportation options
- Naxos is a popular tourist destination so you better book your ferry tickets in advance
- Use our easy-to-use online booking engine and find the most convenient route and vessel for you
- The best time to visit Naxos, if you want to have a full experience, is in July and August
- Naxos has many ferry connections with the other Cycladic Islands, making it ideal for day trips to them