Ferry from Naxos to Mykonos
Start your journey by ferry from Naxos to Mykonos and visit the cosmopolitan Cycladic island of worldwide fame and top holiday destination in the Mediterranean!
Leaving Naxos, the largest island of the Cyclades with its rich history and changing landscapes, the visitor has the opportunity to easily visit a famous cosmopolitan island, Mykonos, due to its proximity. Mykonos, the famous "island of winds" in the heart of the Cyclades, has established itself as the most popular cosmopolitan destination in Greece, a worldwide destination, perfectly identified with the Greek summer, entertainment and fun with lively café-bars and restaurants. However, Mykonos is not only for entertainment as the visitor will enjoy this picturesque island by walking through the cobbled alleys, the pedestrian streets with the most commercial one being Matogianni with its countless shops with branded clothes and jewelry, the whitewashed houses, the chapels and the famous windmills, which are a trademark of the island. In addition, the island has important archeological sites and picturesque settlements, as well as wonderful sandy beaches with clear blue waters.
There are so many reasons why you should visit this unique island that so many people love it and come back to it! Book your ferry tickets today and have a great time!
Naxos to Mykonos ferry distance
From Naxos to Mykonos the ferry distance is 21 nautical miles (around 39 km).
Ferry duration from Naxos to Mykonos
The ferry duration from Naxos to Mykonos varies from 40 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes and depends on the type of ferry, the itinerary and the stopοvers to other islands and certainly on the weather conditions.
Ferry schedules from Naxos to Mykonos
The ferry schedules from Naxos to Mykonos are seasonal during the high season and are a minimum of 4 daily both morning and afternoon.The schedules may change depending on the season and weather conditions.
Types of ferries from Naxos to Mykonos
The types of ferries operating on the connection between Naxos and Mykonos are equally conventional and high-speed vessels.
The final choice of the type of ferry to use depends both on the time you have and your budget.
Conventional ships have a longer cruising time (due to more stops and speed) but lower fares than high-speed ships. However, for boat travel enthusiasts they are ideal because you enjoy the sea and the sun on deck. On the other hand, high-speed boats are more expensive but you reach your destination sooner, with the seats usually located inside the ship with no possibility to stay on deck during the trip.
Tips for your trip from Naxos to Mykonos
- The port of Naxos can be quite busy during the summer months, so we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes before departure for check in and embarkation
- Ferries call at the New Port of Mykonos with the exception of some cruise ships calling at the Old Port
- It is worth visiting from Mykonos, the small island of Delos with great archeological importance, even for a day trip
- We recommend that you make your booking in advance, as tickets sell out quickly
- See our dedicated destination pages Naxos and Mykonos for detailed information about public transportation services
- From Mykonos, you can easily hop on nearby islands such as Paros, Amorgos and Santorini
- New Port
- Tourlos, 846 00 Mykonos, Greece
- Tel.: +30 228 902 8933
- GPS: 37.466132, 25.322824