Learn all you need to know about the all year round ferry from Piraeus to Aegina and book your tickets to visit this popular destination in the Saronic Gulf!
The easiest and fastest way to get to Aegina is to catch the ferry from the port of Piraeus, the largest port in Greece, located in the southwest part of Athens. Ferries to Aegina operate all year round as the island is really popular for weekend getaways and it serves as the perfect base for island hopping in the Argo-Saronic Gulf. Just an hour away from Athens Aegina is an idyllic island, associated with relaxation, beautiful beaches, picturesque villages and rich history. There are numerous ferry routes every day and most of the ferries that serve this route have a garage for the transfer of vehicles.
Distance between the Port of Piraeus and the Port of Aegina
The distance between the ferry port of Piraeus and the port of Aegina is approximately 15 nautical miles (28km).
Piraeus to Aegina ferry duration
The duration of the ferry route from Piraeus to Aegina ranges from 40 minutes to 1hour and 15 minutes depending on the type of ferry that you choose for your ride. There are both high-speed and conventional ferries that operate on this ferry route.
Should I book a conventional or a high speed ferry?
Either you want to enjoy the ferry ride and the amazing view of the Saronic Gulf or you want to arrive at your destination as soon as possible you will be able to choose between a conventional or a high speed ferry throughout the year.
Aegina to Piraeus Ferry Timetables
There is a regular ferry connection between Piraeus and Aegina. The frequency may vary from season to season or from month to month. Usually, during the winter months, there are more than 7 routes available per day while during the summer months there are more than 15 routes per day, starting from early in the morning until late in the afternoon, provided by 4 different ferry operators.
Where do ferries arrive in Aegina?
The island has 3 different ports but the ferries from Piraeus dock in the main port of Aegina, in the town of the island.
Useful information about your trip to Aegina
- The port of Piraeus gets really crowded so make sure you arrive at least 1-2 hours before the scheduled departure
- Around the port of Piraeus there are plenty of shops, restaurants, cafes and parking areas
- Aegina is a really popular destination so book your Piraeus to Aegina ferry tickets in advance and secure your vacation
- Visit our Aegina page and find out more about the island’s places for sightseeing and public transport services
- Due to its proximity to Athens, Aegina is ideal even for a day trip or island hopping to the other Saronic Gulf islands (Hydra, Poros, Spetses, Agistri)