Start your trip by ferry from Athens to Skiathos and visit the most cosmopolitan island of Sporades, covered with pine forests and turquoise waters!
The ferry connection with the port of Skiathos is not possible from the ports of Athens only from the ports of Volos and Agios Konstantinos , Mantoudi (in Evia) and Thessaloniki! Skiathos is the most popular island in the Sporades complex. Every year it attracts thousands of visitors and is particularly popular with young people thanks to its vibrant nightlife with a plethora of bars and clubs and unique beach parties on its wonderful beaches!
However, Skiathos is primarily known for its picturesque town, its amazing beaches that number over 60 and its natural beauty as most of it is covered by pine trees that reach down to the sea. The island also has its cultural side with Bourtzi, a Venetian fortress in the town and other remarkable sights! As for nature lovers there are several kilometers of hiking trails , which is the perfect way to explore the whole island! For all these reasons this idyllic island meets all the prerequisites for an unforgettable holiday!
Don't waste time and book in advance because Skiathos is a very popular destination and particularly visited during the peak months with tickets selling out quickly!
Ferry schedules from ports apart from Athens
The ferry schedules from various ports apart from Athens, in mainland of Greece, to Skiathos, are available throughout the year. The most frequent departures are from the port of Volos on a daily basis and from Mantoudi (in Evia) sometimes during the week, while the departures from the port of Agios Konstantinos and Thessaloniki are only seasonal, running during the high season.
Ferry frequency and ferry times from ports apart from Athens
The ferry frequency and ferry time from several ports to Skiathos depends mainly on the port of departure, the shipping company and the vessel.
- Ferry from Volos to Skiathos: the itineraries are daily throughout the year and it is the shortest ferry crossing since it takes 1 hour by high speed ferry and about 2.5 hours by conventional ferry. The port of Volos is 325 km away from Athens so you will also calculate about 3 hours and 50 minutes by car
- Ferry from Mantoudi to Skiathos: this schedule is operated throughout the year, not on a daily basis. The journey time varies from 1.5 to 4.5 hours depending on the shipping company and type of ship. The advantage is that it is 133 km from Athens and takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes by car
- Ferry from Agios Konstantinos to Skiathos: the connection is only during the peak months with a morning departure/ on a daily basis. The ferry time is approximately 3.5 hours to reach Skiathos. The distance from. Athens to Agios Konstantinos distance is 168 km, which requires 1 hour and 30 minutes by car.
- Ferry from Thessaloniki to Skiathos: the routes from Thessaloniki to Skiathos , when scheduled, are usually available in high season but the itineraries are often modified. The duration of the trip varies from 2.5 hours to 3.5 hours depending on the ferry.This connection serves travelers located in Northern Greece.
Types of ferries to Skiathos
The types of ferries that travel to Skiathos are high speed/catamarans, flying dolphins and conventional ferries and which ferry is available depends on the ferry company and the port of departure.
Useful tips for your journey to Skiathos
- The ports of Volos, Agios Konstantinos and Mantoudi can be quite busy in the summer, so we recommend arriving at the port at least 1 hour before departure, especially if you are traveling with your car
- The island of Skiathos is a very popular destination for summer holidays, so book your tickets in advance through our website
- You can discover island-hopping options from Skiathos to nearby islands, such as Skopelos and Alonissos
Check out the dedicated page on Skiathos , Volos, Mantoudi and Agios Konstantinos for travel information.