Ferry from Rafina to Tinos
Start your journey by ferry from Rafina to Tinos and be enchanted by the island with its unspoilt architecture and the most beautiful villages in the Cyclades.
The great advantage of this island is its proximity to Athens ! Those who have visited Tinos are enchanted by the unique landscape with the countless (about 40) villages with their unique architecture, the diffuse artistic atmosphere, since it is the home of famous great artists of the marble sculpture tradition of the island, the wonderful beaches and the gastronomy with so many variations of artichoke, which is a traditional product of Tinos.
For all these reasons, Tinos remains one of the most interesting islands to visit in one's life and certainly not the only one!
If you are looking for a ferry to Tinos, do not hesitate to search through our booking engine and book your tickets in advance for a better planning of your trip.
Distance from Rafina to Tinos
The distance from Rafina to Tinos is 62 nautical miles (around 114 km) which is the shortest one from an Athenian port to this Cycladic island.
Rafina to Tinos Sailing Duration
From Rafina to Tinos the sailing duration can range from 2 hours and 45 minutes to 4 hours, depending on the type of ferry, the ferry company and its scheduled itinerary.
Conventional or high speed ferry from Rafina / Athens to Tinos?
There are both conventional and high speed ferries on the route Rafina to Tinos with a stopover on the island of Andros. However, the majority of the routes are operated by high speed ferries, thus offering the passenger the possibility of a very short and relaxing trip.
On the other hand, the choice of a conventional ferry offers the satisfaction of a classic ferry trip with the possibility for the passenger to enjoy the sea breeze on deck and certainly at a cheaper fare.
Ferry schedule from Rafina to Tinos
The ferry schedules from Rafina to Tinos are all year round and the frequency increases from April to September with almost 52 crossings per week. During the low traffic months, the frequency is reduced to about 2 per day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. There are 4 ferry companies operating on this line and all routes are detailed in our booking engine with prices and real time schedules.
Useful tips for your trip from Rafina to Tinos
- It is advisable to be at the port at least 1 hour before the departure, especially if you are travelling with your vehicle, for check in and embarkation
- Check our dedicated page to Tinos for useful information about interesting sightseeing and places to visit
- You can hop from Tinos to the nearby islands, such as Mykonos, Syros or Andros
- The port of Rafina is located about 40 km from the center of Athens and 10 km from the airport "El. Venizelos"
- If you are travelling with your vehicle, it is recommended to book your tickets in advance in order to find availability in the garage which sells out quickly, especially during high season