Ferry from Rafina to Andros
Read all you need to know about the timetables, the ferry duration and the ports of departure and arrival before you book your ferry from Rafina to Andros!
Getting to the island of Andros is easy, fast and fun. You will find many routes available all year round. Thanks to its proximity to Athens, Andros is one of the most popular destinations, located in the Cyclades Archipelago. Hop on a ferry from Rafina to the picturesque island of Andros and in just 2 hours from Athens arrive in this natural landscape with virgin beaches, rural villages with narrow alleys and cosmopolitan aura, either you are looking for a short escape or a weekend trip.
Distance from Rafina to Andros
The distance between the port of Rafina and the port of Gavrio in Andros is 35 nautical miles ( approx. 65km) and the distance from the center of Athens and Andros is approximately 107km.
Rafina to Andros ferry duration
Andros is easily accessible from the port of Rafina. The Rafina to Andros connection is active all year round with at least 2 ferry routes per day during winter and more than 5 routes available per day during summer when the demand is high. Depending on the ferry type, the shipping company and the weather conditions the duration of the sail is relatively short, ranging from 1-2 hours.
Conventional or high-speed ferry to Andros from Rafina?
You can get to Andros from Rafina either with a conventional or a high-speed ferry. The main difference between these two types of vessels is that the conventional ferries are slower than high-speed ferries. If you are not in a hurry and get easily seasick, a conventional ferry is a better option as it offers more facilities and accommodation options. If you want to reach your destination faster then you should book a high speed ferry for a slightly higher cost.
Where do the ferries arrive in Andros?
The ferries from Rafina dock at the main port of Andros, Gavrio, located approximately 31 km from the center of the island and close to the cosmopolitan village of Batsi. From Gavrio there are also ferry connections to many islands like Mykonos, Tinos, Syros and Kea (Tzia).
Useful information regarding your trip to Andros
- Rafina is located in the northeastern Attica and it’s the main gateway to the island of Andros. It is the nearest port to Eleftherios Venizelos Airport which is 10 kilometers away
- Use our Andros page to find out more information about your holidays on the island
- Check all the available routes and compare the prices on the isFerry booking platform before you book your tickets
- Andros is the closest getaway from Athens to the Cyclades and a good start for island-hopping
- Andros is the second largest island of the Cyclades and we suggest you bring or rent a vehicle to explore the island
- Arrive in Rafina at least 1-2 hours before your departure. It’s the second most used port of Athens and it gets really crowded especially during the summer period