Get a unique experience starting with a ferry from Barcelona to Italy and combine the charm of the Spanish capital with the most popular ports in Mediterranean!
The beauty of Barcelona lies in its contrasts scattered everywhere! The port of Barcelona is very close to the city center. In addition, it is the oldest port in Spain and also one of the most important and largest ports in Europe. All year round, a massive number of tourists travel from Barcelona's immense port to major Italian ports such as Genoa, Civitavecchia, Livorno, Sardinia, Savona and others. Several departures throughout the day give you the opportunity to choose the one that will offer you the greatest pleasure of traveling in Italy, a European country with a long Mediterranean coastline, rich history, incredible nature and uniqueness.
Ferry schedules from Barcelona to Italy and frequency
There are many ferry schedules from Barcelona to Italy with high frequency all year round with calls at the following main ports:
- Barcelona to Genoa: Almost 3 crossings per week with journey duration 21hours and 40 minutes
- Barcelona to Civitavecchia: There are 6 weekly ferry crossings with duration 21 hours
- Barcelona to Livorno: One crossing per week with journey duration 20hours and 30 minutes
- Barcelona to Porto Torres (Sardinia): In low season there are 2 crossings per week while in high season the crossings are increased to 5 per week. The duration of the journey lasts 12 hours and 30 minutes
- Barcelona to Savona: There is one crossing per week with duration of journey 20hours
Sailing distance from Barcelona to Italian ports
The sailing distance from Barcelona to:
- The port of Genoa is almost 360 nautical miles (579 km)
- The port of Civitavecchia, 516 nautical miles (830 km)
- The port of Livorno, 419 nautical miles (674 km)
- Porto Torres, approximately 300 nautical miles (482 km)
- The port of Savona, 336 nautical miles (540 km)
Ferry types from Barcelona to Italy
The route from Barcelona to Italy is served by large conventional cruise ships with onboard amenities and various accommodation options, so you can have a unique experience while enjoying the endless sea and the blue sky above you!
Useful tips for your journey from Barcelona to Italy
- Check out our page dedicated to Barcelona and learn how to access the port
- Be sure that you will arrive early at the port (at least 2 hours prior to departure) for check-in and embarkation since it is an immense port and always very crowded
- We suggest you to book a cabin with easy and simple steps through the isFerry booking engine for a pleasant and relaxed journey
- Arrange to book your tickets in advance to avoid lack of availability
- Visit our dedicated pages to Genoa, Civitavecchia, Livorno, Porto Torres, Savona and get useful information for public transport, must-see places and more