Ferry from Greece to Turkey
Find all the necessary practical information regarding the departure ports and the schedules and learn how to organize your trip by ferry from Greece to Turkey!
The ferry routes from Greece to Turkey connect the two countries starting from the Greek islands of Rhodes, Kos, Chios and Samos with final destination Fethiye, Bodrum, Cesme, Kusadasi and Marmaris. A pleasant trip from the Aegean and Dodecanese Islands with high speed or car and passenger ferries provide a unique opportunity to visit both Greek islands and Turkish mainland. The option of a same day round trip is available as most of the ferry routes are short and frequent. The rich history and the remarkable archeological sites attract the interest of every tourist, so it's worth visiting the more places possible.
Greece to Turkey ferry duration
The Greece to Turkey ferry duration is estimated between 20 minutes and 2 hours and 30 minutes depending on the ports of departure and arrival as well as the type of vessel. Select your preferred accommodation on board and enjoy the journey!
Greece to Turkey ferry schedule
During summertime, when the tourists mostly travel to both countries, the itineraries are operated daily and more frequently, while in winter, ferries are less and occasionally they do not run at all. In any case it is advisable to book your tickets in advance in order to find availability for the sailing you want.
Popular ferry Routes from Greece to Turkey
The most frequent and popular ferry routes from Greece to Turkey are:
Helpful information for your journey to Turkey from Greece
- Explore our dedicated destination pages of Rhodes, Kos, Chios, Samos, Fethiye, Marmaris, Bodrum, Cesme and Kusadasi for useful information about the public transportation options at the ports of departure and arrival
- By using our online booking engine, you can select your favorite route, compare prices and find the most suitable Greece to Turkey ferry
- The routes between the Greek islands and coastal Turkey are ideal even for daily excursions
- Ferry connections between Greece and Turkey are operating only through the Greek islands and there is no boat route directly from Athens to Turkey
- Make sure to be in time at the port for check-in and embarkation procedure (1-2 hours earlier)